Welcome to the second day of our Burlap Brights Block Hop! We hope you'll enjoy the eleven block tutorials our designing friends will be sharing here over the next week and a half. Be sure to stop by each day to see a new block and have a chance to win some Burlap Brights for yourself!
Today Mary from Mary on Lake Pulaski is here, sharing her block. Check out her tutorial and then head over to her blog to enter for a chance to win a fat quarter bundle of the six Burlap Brights prints featured in our hop.
Mary Kolb here from Mary on Lake Pulaski. I am a sewing grandmother who loves fabric and everything you can do with it.
I am lucky to have the chance to work with these Burlap Brights from Benartex. The colors are so saturated and they are a great choice to add color and texture to your next project.
For the Burlap Brights Blog Hop I have chosen the Double Sawtooth Star block Because it shows off the colors so well. Below is the tutorial so you can make your own.
I had the above colors to choose from and chose the yellow, red and blue.
- Fabric (3 F8's)
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting board
- Ironing surface
- Sewing machine
- 4 blocks 3 7/8" square cut in half on the diagonal to produce 8 HST's (C)
- 1 block 3 1/2" square (G)
- 4 blocks 2 3/8" square cut on the diagonal to produce 8 HST's (F)
- 4 blocks 3 1/2" square (A)
- 4 blocks 2" square (D)
- 1 block 7 1/4" square cut both ways diagonally to produce 4 triangles (B)
- 1 block 4 1/4" square cut both ways diagonally to produce 4 triangles (E)
- 2 (C)'s to each (B), press seams to center & trim dog ears to produce 4 flying geese.
- Sew 2 (F) to each (E), press seams to center & trim dog ears to produce 4 flying geese
- Lay out all block sections as shown:
- Piece center star block as shown above and press seams open.
- Piece the rows together as shown and then the columns; press seams open. Press block well.
- Now you will have a Double Sawtooth Star. If you make one, I'd love to see it. Here is mine.
Thanks Mary! Head over to Mary on Lake Pulaski to enter to win a fat quarter bundle of the six Burlap Brights she used to make her block.
Make sure you check out each day's tutorial!
Day 1: Chris from made by ChrissieD
Day 3: Alison from Little Bunny Quilts
Day 4: Debby from Debby Kratovil Quilts
Day 5: Kristen from KD Quilts
Day 6: Benartex design team
Day 7: Stephanie from Stitched Together Studios
Day 8: Julie from The Crafty Quilter
Day 9: Cynthia from Quilting is more fun than Housework
Day 10: Jessica from Quilty Habit