Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sweetie Pie: Classic and Clean


Last week we showed you Michele Crawford's version of Sweetie Pie; today we have a more contemporary take to share, Caitlin Bevevino's pinwheel "Precious in Pink," featured in the August-September issue of Quilt magazine. 

"Precious in Pink" by Caitlin Bevevino,
featured in the August-September issue of Quilt magazine.

What attracted you to the fabric line?
I chose the Sweetie Pie collection because it was something fun and bright for a kid's quilt, without looking juvenile. 

What prompted to use only one color (the pink) in this quilt?
My aesthetic is pretty classic and clean, so using only pink was a natural choice for me. 

Why did you decide to make a pinwheel quilt?
I used pinwheels for the same reason; I love classic blocks and pinwheels have always been one of my favorites.  And, I think the mix of the bright fun fabric with the classic pattern gave it a nice contrast, and the pink really pops against the white. 

How did you decide on a border treatment?
The borders are pretty plain, but I think they accent the quilt nicely; they frame the quilt well without taking away from the pinwheels.  I usually lean toward plain borders when I want to really showcase the quilt blocks. 

Tell us about the coordinating pillows.
For the pillows, I added large rick rack and ball fringe because I've always loved those trims - especially rick rack! 

Find the kit for this project here.
See the entire Sweetie Pie collection here.
Find Quilt magazine here


Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

No comments:

Post a Comment