Thursday, July 18, 2013

Snowfolk


We're kicking off Christmas in July with some welcoming winter friends: 
Snowfolk by Cheryl Haynes

The collection's panel has a folk art feel and was inspired by one of Cheryl's quilt patterns. 

And the coordinates? 
They're so cozy that just looking at them will make you yearn to cuddle up in front of a fireplace, sipping hot chocolate. And--added bonus--they are not all "winter themed" so you can use many in quilts year round!


Keep reading for an interview with Cheryl 
as she talks about her new Snowfolks collection:

What got you started on the Snowfolk line?
I've been designing patterns for 24 something years and one of my favorite patterns is a snowman quilt called ''My Snowman Quilt'' and that's where I got the idea for my snowman fabric.


Which fabric is your favorite in the collection?
The snowball texture. Worked with some different snowflakes shapes to create it. I like tone-on-tone fabrics—that's what I use the most for my quilts.



What was your favorite part about designing Snowfolk?
It put me in the holiday spirit! I designed it in the summer, and it was kind of fun designing snowmen in the summer.


Most challenging part about designing the line?
Getting the right shades of blues to work with the greens and reds, really just getting everything to coordinate and go together in one big group.

How do you start the design process?
I always draw my designs to begin. I also watercolor; I like to paint my designs.

Tell us a bit about yourself.
I'm a wife, a mother, a grandmother: I have three kids and six grandkids. I come from a family of basket makers and was a basket maker long before I was a quilter. Basically I just like to do arts and crafts and I always have. I have a big garden, and I love to do lots of canning in the summer. In fact, I'll be putting up peaches in the next couple of days!

Click here to see the entire Snowfolk collection.
Click here to find out more about Cheryl and see her patterns on her site, Prairie Grove Peddler. 




Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

4 comments:

  1. I, too, love the tone on tone fabric of this line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the deep richness of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this new line...1 yard each please..;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snowball texture prints, too!

    ReplyDelete