Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Circus Tumblers


Who doesn't love the circus? The animals...the clowns...the excitement! Jean Nolte used the Under the Big Top collection by Kimberly Bourne to design a quilt for Easy Quilts magazine that evokes the thrill of a day at the circus. She even designed a template shape that is a nod to an icon within the big top. Read on:
"Tumbling Tumblers" by Jean Nolte; featured in Easy Quilts Spring 2014
What attracted you to the Under the Big Top collection?
I saw this line and thought it was something different than anything I had seen and would make a great toddler quilt. It's also a color way that always attracts me.

Can you tell us about the tumbler template?
I actually designed the Tumbler Template to use with this quilt. I thought it was sort of the same shape as the platform the ringmaster stands on.

Do you have a favorite print from the collection?
I love the print with all the characters. I designed the quilt around that one.


(This print is also available with a yellow or a white background.)


What do you like most about this quilt?  
It's done!!!!  :-)  Seriously, I just think it's a great collection of prints in colors I like.

What do you envision this quilt being used for?  
I made this quilt thinking it would be a toddler quilt. I rarely have actual plans for a quilt – I just make what I like.



See the Under the Big Top collection here.
Find Easy Quilts magazine here. (Don't have/want to buy the issue? You can also purchase a digital download of this pattern using the link.)
Find the kit for this project here.


p.s. Next week we'll be featuring a blog hop of kids' quilt designs, with an emphasis on charities collecting quilts for children in need. Make sure you stop by and check it out!

Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

3 comments:

  1. This quilt is tons of fun. I adore the colors and circus fabric. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tumblers! Great fabric and colours. So fresh looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Circus is one of of my most favorite things in the world, as a matter of fact I have a collection of clown figurines since I was a child. I love this circus tumbler quilts and will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete