Friday, February 15, 2019

Abstract Garden Virtual Trunk Show

Welcome back for one more day of Abstract Garden fun! Today we're sharing a virtual trunk show of Christa's quilts made using her Abstract Garden prints. Sit back and enjoy!


Geese in the Garden
This quilt was a challenge to myself—I wanted to create a diamond shape that didn’t require any special templates. The “diamond” is the  shape you get when you put two half-square triangles together, but I figured out a way to cut the shapes without having the seam between two half-square triangles. Each version uses only five prints.
Click here to purchase the Geese in the Garden pattern.

Quilt detail:




Lattice Work
This is a charm pack quilt. If you want to put all the fabrics in one quilt, this will look really great! Little black lattice strips separate the squares, like stained glass. Then I used a gray print from Fandangle for the border.
Click here to purchase the Lattice Work pattern.

Quilt detail:



Pieced Primrose
I wanted a design that would emphasize all ten cool prints or all ten warm prints. This is a paper pieced pattern. I know a lot of people have a love-hate relationship with paper piecing. I had the original idea for this quilt five years ago and have been waiting for the right fabric to release it. The pattern includes a full-size template that can be printed off as many times as needed.

Click here to purchase the Pieced Primrose pattern.


Quilt detail:




Blooming Wallflowers
I really wanted to create a gradating rainbow effect in this quilt. The hardest thing for me was not including all of the fabrics from the collection. The quilt showcases just 12 out of the 20. The background is the navy from Modern Marks, and it sets the colors off really well.
Click here to purchase the Blooming Wallflowers pattern.

Quilt detail:



Join the Fun!
Blooming Wallflowers QAL
Christa is currently hosting a quilt along with Blooming Wallflowers. It's not too late to join in! 
Click here for more details.

EQ Design Challenge
Christa has also partnered with Electric Quilt for an EQ Design Challenge using Abstract Garden. The challenge runs through the end of February, so start working on your design today. Click here for more details.

One last word from Christa: 
I’m very thankful that my designs have been accepted and people like them and I get to continue to design. I have a fourth fabric collection coming out at Spring Market--I can't wait! It’s a dream come true and only possible because of the people who buy my fabric and patterns, so than you! 


Click here to see the Abstract Garden collection. 
Click here to visit Christa's website.

Make sure to visit all of the stops on our hop!

Monday
Abstract Garden introduction and interview with Christa


Tuesday
Sherry @poweredbyquilting
Lee @may chappell

Wednesday
Patterns by Annie @byannie
Pam and Lynn @the stitch tv show

Thursday
Linda @colourwerx
Tara @the quilt district
Stephanie @modern sewciety

Friday
Christa's Virtual Trunk Show @sew in love with fabric


Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

4 comments:

  1. Christa, all your fabric lines are cheerful and bright. Good luck in your future designs and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. I was intrigued by the image of Blooming Wallflowers in the background of one of yesterday's images. Now I can order the pattern. Thank you.

    Everyone has had such unique ideas for how to use these fabrics. Well done everyone, and to the fabric designer too.

    ReplyDelete