To get everyone geared up for the next two weeks of international fun, we're hosting a trivia contest today. Find out how well informed you are about these Olympics.
We have eight questions; send an email with the answers (number your answers please) to socialmedia23 (at) gmail.com, with the subject line Olympics. Note: Please do NOT answer in the comments below. If you answer more than six questions correctly, you'll be eligible to win one of two bundles of Viva Brazil! Entries will be accepted through Monday, August 8th at 5 pm EST.
We'll post the answers and the randomly drawn winners' names on Tuesday.
Olympic Trivia Questions:
1. True or False: Rio is the first South American city to host an Olympics.
2. What is the name of the stadium where the opening and closing ceremonies will be held?
3. Name the sport returning to this year’s Olympics after a 112-year hiatus.
4. What is the name of the mascot for the Rio Olympics? (bonus: who is the mascot named after?)
5. How many sports will be featured in the Olympics?
6. What is the motto for the 2016 Summer Olympics?
7. Five sports have been contest at every Summer Olympics Games since 1896. Can you name them?
8. One team will be competing without a country at the Olympics. Name that team.