Olympic Trivia Questions:
1. True or False: Rio is the first South American city to host an Olympics.
2. What is the name of the stadium where the opening and closing ceremonies will be held?
3. Name the sport returning to this year’s Olympics after a 112-year hiatus.
4. What is the name of the mascot for the Rio Olympics? (bonus: who is the mascot named after?)
The mascot for 2016 is "Vinicius," a yellow and blue creature representing Brazilian wildlife. It resembles a cat or monkey that can fly and has the power to stretch its limbs and body. It is named after Bossa Nova musician Vinicius de Moraes, one of the writers of "The Girl From Ipanema."
5. How many sports will be featured in the Olympics?28 sports and/or 42 disciplines (both answers were accepted)
6. What is the motto for the 2016 Summer Olympics?Live Your Passion and/or A New World (one is the slogan; one the motto...we accepted both)
7. Five sports have been contest at every Summer Olympics Games since 1896. Can you name them?
Athletics (track and field, running)
8. One team will be competing without a country at the Olympics. Name that team.
The Refugee team
Congratulations to Nicole Sender and Cecelia Young!
You'll be receiving bundles of Viva Brazil!