Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Soul Blossom

Designer Cherry Guidry says she developed her new Soul Blossom collection in the winter, and when you see the fresh, soft palette, along with the florals, birds, and butterflies, you know she was yearning for spring! Scroll down to learn more from Cherry about her new line.

Here are larger swatches of two of the prints in the collection:
The main floral print:


 The stripe: 



How did Soul Blossom come to be?
I was designing in the middle of winter and I wanted flowers! The flowers came together with some doodling I’d been doing. And of course I was into just doodling. Along with that, we had just gotten chickens for the first time ever. The birds in the fabrics have the comb like chickens have, and that particular print is called Chick a Doodle.

Can you tell us about a few favorites from the collection?
The Soul Blossom print, the large floral with the mum-looking flower and the feather, was the starting point for the collection. From the blenders, my favorite is the Soul Squares print. I love squares, geometrics. Next would be the doodle flower.






The color palette is so fresh and clean. How did you choose what hues to use?
My first love is aqua. Aqua and green were the starting point—I cannot get away from those colors!  I threw some grays in there because I love gray too—my whole house is gray these days. Adding pinks and yellows rounded it out. 



Here are a few patterns Cherry has designed using Soul Blossom. You can find them on her website.

Fantasy Blossoms; an appliqued wall hanging


Mini Blossoms Miniature; comes with 7 different layout options!

Soul Blossoms; a BOM quilt

Click here to see the entire Soul Blossom collection.
Click here to find Cherry's patterns.

Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

4 comments:

  1. Cherry has really done a great job on this line. Of course, these are some of my favorite colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous new fabric collection and lovely patterns too. Cherry is so gosh darn talented. This new collection is Brilliant!

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I do love this line, the colours and prints are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterflies! I see butterflies.

    Soft and fresh. That Soul Blossom BOM is very tempting.

    ReplyDelete