|Knitty Kitty Collection by Kanvas for Benartex Fabrics|
|A fat quarter of cute kitties dressed in knitted sweaters|
|My dog is chewing a bone and it's NOT a kitty bone|
|My husband and I go through this size oatmeal box several times a year|
|A little batting, a little main print and then a pocket print|
1. My oatmeal box measures at 10-1/2" high. I cut a piece of batting to fit all around, exactly to the height. Glued it in place.
2. I cut and hemmed the main light print so that it will completely cover the batting covered box.
3. Next, I cut a piece of green print to a height that will work with my crochet hooks and rulers.
4. I layered the green print along the bottom raw edge of the light print and stitched it in place; added 3 pockets by stitching vertically through both layers. Now I can wrap this around the batting covered box and glue in place. Very simple; probably took less than 15 minutes.
But what about the kitty fabric?
|Yes, I have a lot of crochet hooks. Love that Tunisian crochet hook, my favorite type of crochet|
1. I took a 12" wooden hoop and measured enough of the kitty fabric to go inside the hoop with enough to tuck under in the back. I cut it out.
2. I cut a piece of the pink hearts fabric TWICE the height of what I wanted my pocket to be. This way I don't have to hem the pocket. It is folded for a double layer. I made sure it was as wide as the main kitty print.
3. I stitched vertical narrow pockets 1" wide for slots for my hooks. You can see the stitching if you look real close.
4. Now I place this inside the underside hoop, carefully centering it. Added the outer hoop, tightened the top screw and she's done - almost.
5. I trimmed the back excess fabric and then used glue to adhere the fabrics to the wooden hoop underneath.
|Yes, some yarn, some hooks, some markers.|
|Oh, I have a lot of crochet magazines. Mostly eye-candy, but some day . . .|
|This kitty has the blues; these are 2" hexies, so this will become another placemat for my grandson|
|This pink kitty feels right at home surrounded by the knitted hearts fabric|
|6 fat quarters for you to win!|