Friday, March 8, 2019

Designer Sampler: Block #2



We're celebrating National Quilting Month with a Sampler Quilt created using blocks by many of our fabric designers. Throughout the month, we'll share a block made by each of the designers listed below and featuring their newest fabric line, along with directions to sew that block. Come sew with us!





Block #2
Today we're featuring Paula Nadelstern's Piece & Joy collection in a block called the "Big T" created by Stephanie Sheridan.




Cutting
A   1714-03 (light cream)
        
(2) 5” squares
B   3179M-10 (dark red)        
        (2) 5” squares                      
C   3176M-10 (focal)                
        (1) 4-1/2” fussy-cut square               
D   3175M-10 (medium red)       
        (4) 2-1/2” x 4-1/2” rectangles
E   1714-30 (gold)                      
        (4) 2-1/2” x 4-1/2” rectangles
F   1714-10 (light red)
        (8) 2-1/2” squares

Make the Block
1.
Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of A square and place right sides together with B square. Sew 1/4” on both sides of drawn line, then cut on drawn line. Press HST units open, square to 4-1/2”, make (4) UNIT 1.


2. Draw diagonal lines on the wrong side of all F squares. Place (1) F square on right sides together on the left side of (1) E rectangle. Sew on drawn line, then press open. Trim excess fabric on reverse side to 1/4”. Repeat on right side with another F square. Square to 2-1/2” x 4-1/2”, make (4) UNIT 2.
3. Sew D rectangle to UNIT 2 to create UNIT 3. Square to 4-1/2”, make 4.



4. Sew the following into rows, then sew rows together to complete Block. Square to 12-1/2”.
     ROW 1: UNIT 1 – UNIT 3 – UNIT 1
     ROW 2: UNIT 3 – C Square – UNIT 3
     Row 3: UNIT 1 – UNIT 3 – UNIT 1




Click here to see Paula's Piece & Joy collection.

Click here to visit Paula's website.

Follow along with our National Quilting Month Designer Sampler!

Introduction
Block #1: Jackie Robinson - A Festival of Roses
Block #2: Paula Nadelstern - Piece & Joy
Block #3: Amanda Murphy - Thankful
Block #4: Christa Watson - Abstract Garden
Block #5: Nancy Halvorsen - Home Grown

Block #6: Ann Lauer - Cat-I-Tude Christmas
Block #7: Cheryl Haynes - Harvest Berry
Block #8: Cherry Guidry - Hearty the Snowman
Block #9Modern Quilt Studio - Warp & Weft
Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

1 comment:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete