Tuesday, November 20, 2018

My Happy Place Virtual Trunk Show

You've seen Cherry  Guidry's My Happy Place collection; now it's time to admire the quilts! These fun sewing-themed designs are perfect for your sewing room or to give as a gift to a quilting friend! Take Cherry's virtual trunk show tour below.

My Happy Place
59” x 80”
"This quilt is primarily applique and a little hand embroidery, with very little piecing. It contains all of a sewist’s favorite things! The spools are pieced—super easy strip piecing, because I thought they were the perfect way to finish the quilt. I think this pattern would be fun even if you just picked your favorite blocks and made smaller wall hangings.”
Click here to purchase the My Happy Place pattern.

  

Maker
30” x 32”
“This is a fun little project! It has a simple pieced background to make it look like it’s sitting on a table. This is similar to the sewing machine project from my original class. I was happy to use the machine print in the border. I even used metallic thread to stitch the pins.”

Click here to purchase the Maker pattern.


Retro Spools
60” x 70”
“This pattern is made up of three spools inside each other. The little star has a heart in the center. The buttons hanging from string are actually appliqued.”

Watch  Cherry's website for the Retro Spools pattern - available soon!


Vintage Blossoms

70” x 77”
“These quarter log cabin blocks are meant to look like flowers. It uses 2-1/2” strips, plus the background fabric and the border. It’s also super easy to piece!”

Watch  Cherry's website for the Vintage Blossoms pattern - available soon!



Sew Wordy
44" x 55"
"This free quilt pattern uses the 5" squares from the Sew Wordy print, stacked with coordinating strips so they look like spools of thread! Watch for this free quilt pattern on my website."

Click here to see the entire My Happy Place collection.
Click here to visit Cherry's website.

Click here to read the interview with Cherry about My Happy Place.
Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

No comments:

Post a Comment