Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Free Motion Fantasy Hop: Day 2

What would you make with Amanda Murphy's Free Motion Fantasy fabrics? We have five designers this week who will be showing you how they used these fun, colorful prints. Today we have projects from two designers-- Jayne and Laura--get ready to be inspired! 


Jayne from Twiggy and Opal; @twiggyandopal:
"Free Motion Fantasy had me at ‘free motion’, something that I’d love to master one day!  The fabric evokes all the best of FMQ from pebbles to swirls.  The floral and geometric designs along with the bright colors were the icing on the cake for me!"

Jayne used the teals and greens from Amanda's collection to make varying sizes of Ohio Star blocks floating on the Flying Geese White print background. Beautiful! 
Head to Jayne's blog to read more about her quilt and find out how you can win a FQ bundle of Free Motion Fantasy prints.



Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts; @sliceofpiquilts:

"I'm 36 weeks pregnant, so I had baby on the brain when I got the Free Motion Fantasy fabrics! I really wanted to try making a quilted diaper changing pad, so that's what got my creative juices flowing. Then I added a wet bag, nursing cover, and a quilt, of course! I've always loved Amanda Murphy's fabrics. I think it's pure genius to create fabric with free motion quilting motifs!"
Laura used blues, purples, and teals from Amanda's collection and used her new long-arm to finish a few of these projects! What new mom wouldn't prefer these handmade beauties to the options available in stores?!?

Head to Laura's blog to read more about her projects and find out how you can win a FQ bundle of Free Motion Fantasy prints. 


Click here to see the entire Free Motion Fantasy collection. 
Click here to visit Amanda's website.

Follow along with our Free Motion Fantasy features
Monday: 
Introducing Free Motion Fantasy

Tuesday: 

Technique Tuesday with Debby from Debby Kratovil Quilts

Wednesday: 

Jayne from Twiggy and Opal; @twiggyandopal
Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts; @sliceofpiquilts

Thursday: 

Sandra from MMM Quilts @mmmquilts
Lisa from Color My World @lisaerin1121

Friday:

Amanda's Virtual Trunk Show

Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

No comments:

Post a Comment