Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Best of Benartex Winners!

Thank you to everyone who entered and voted in our Best of Benartex photo contest! We really enjoyed seeing so many inspiring projects made from Benartex fabrics! 

Here are the winners: 

Grand Prize - Peoples Choice
Mona Phelps

About Mona's project: "My project uses Sun Valley by Kanvas Studio.
About my photo: Fall Planter using Benartex fabric, mod podge, and a halloween pail."



*******************************************************
First Prize - Judges Choice
Laura L. Strickland

About Laura's project: Fabrics - Contempo’s “Mulberry Lane” by Cherry Guidry for Benartex with several Nancy Halverson pieces old and new.

"This is a bench pillow in the style of the ones by Kimberbell. It is my original design just for this contest. It is pieced with some paper piecing. Then appliquéd and embellished. It is free-motioned quilted on my domestic machine. I sewed and poked eyelets along the bunting line and strung fairy lights through the pillow top hiding the battery pack and wires inside the pillow cover."



*******************************************************
Second Prize - Honorable Mention Peoples Choice
Laura Piland

About Laura's quilt: "Attached is a photo of a quilt I made using my pattern "Rockslide." I used a 10"x10" stack of "Fresh Bloom" fabrics by Contempo. (The quilt is on this blog post)"

Congratulations, ladies!

************************************
Winter Games Blog Hop winners!

Day 1: Gwen

Day 2: Brenda

Day 3: Beth T.

Love It? Share It! Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Email

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all of the winners! They have some great projects! I am not sure, so I will ask...am I the Brenda of Day 2 or is it another Brenda? I have been away from my computer a lot due to family. Thank you for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      It is a different Brenda. :) Thanks for asking!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for taking the time to answer! I was checking and rechecking emails and found nothing, but just wanted to make sure. Congrats to the other Brenda!! Have a wonderful day! Brenda

      Delete